The Black Powecom KN95 personal respirator is an FDA authorized respirator face mask made of a multi-layer filtration system of non-woven breathable fibers and is utilized globally. The Powecom KN95 filtration material has been tested multiple times by NPPTL and the CDC and has tested well above 95% filtration of particles 0.3 µm (microns) or larger. The Powecom KN95 is manufactured by Guangzhou Powecom Labor Insurance Supplies Co., LTD. It is FDA authorized for use in healthcare settings by HCP during the public health emergency: https://www.fda.gov/media/136664/download. FDA authorized respirators should be used in accordance with CDC recommendations. For the most current CDC recommendations on optimizing respirator use, please visit the CDC webpage: Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators.
FDA Appendix A, listing non-NIOSH approved respirators can be found here: FDA Appendix A - Authorized Respirators.
American Dental Association infographic on understanding mask types can be found here: ADA Understanding Mask Types
- 46% non-woven polypropelene, 28% melt-blown fabric, 26% ES hot air cotton.
- Ear loops: Latex free
- Nose piece: Adjustable metal
- Construction: Multi-layer filtration system of non-woven soft and breathable fibers.
- All respirators manufactured after May 20th, 2020 are affixed with an anti-fake sticker that can be used to verify authenticity.
CARE AND USE:
- Keep the face mask clean before use. Do not touch the rear side of the face mask.
- Do not wash the face mask with water. Water will destroy the filtering ability and protective nature of the mask.
- Do not steam the face mask or put it in the microwave.
- Keep the face mask away from vapor, oils, chemicals, paints, liquid, acid, and alkaline objects.
- Make sure to discard the face mask when it becomes visibily ditry or breathing resistance increases remarkably.
- KN95 mask is not intended for use as a surgical mask or to provide liquid barrier protection.